The Hoboken Terminal & Rail Yard Redevelopment will transform Observer Highway and Hudson Place into a vibrant, transit-oriented community that promotes Hoboken's future, while honoring the City's history.
This project combines historic preservation with modern office, residential and retail space that will deliver $100 million+ in essential improvements to public transportation, City infrastructure and overall quality of life. NJ TRANSIT and LCOR's 2.94 million sq. ft. plan embraces the City's draft plan as well as community feedback for a collaboration that answers Hoboken's needs:
- A pedestrian and bike friendly Observer Highway
- Revival of Warrington Plaza at Hoboken Terminal
- Reinvention of Hudson Place into a pedestrian-only park
- Major traffic improvements to reduce congestion
- 11,000 new permanent jobs
- New enclosed bus terminal and improved PATH entrances
- A new performing arts center
- Millions in new annual tax revenue
- Added consumer spending
Illustrative rendering of the development (looking southwest).